We need you to take immediate action and tell Congress you oppose the DARK Act and support federally mandated GMO labeling!
Call your Member of Congress NOW and urge them to vote no on H.R. 1599, the DARK Act- 844-311-6262
Representatives Mike Pompeo (R-Kan.) and G. K. Butterfield (D-N.C.) have introduced legislation that we in the consumer rights community have dubbed the “Deny Americans the Right-to-Know” Act (DARK Act) that has just passed the House Agriculture Committee and will be voted on by the House of Representatives any day now.
The “Denying Americans the Right-to-Know” (DARK) Act would.
- Preempt states from requiring labeling of GMO food.
- Virtually eliminate FDA’s ability to craft a national GMO labeling system.
- Codify the current, broken voluntary labeling system.
- Create a GMO “safety” review system based on industry science.
- Allow “natural” foods to contain GMO ingredients and preempt state efforts to end misleading “natural” claims.
Now is the time to tell your Representatives and Senators that you oppose the Pompeo bill and support mandatory labeling.
Fill out the form below to send an email to your members of Congress!
- More People Want GMO Labeling Than Like Apple Pie
- Fields Of Drift: GMO Weed Killer Exposure On Playing Fields And Parks
- Anti-Consumer DARK Act Blocks States Rights
- Monsanto’s GMO Weed Killer Damages DNA
- DARKer Act Blocks State And Local GMO Safety Rules
Tell the FDA!
Tell the FDA! We have a right to know about food we eat and feed our families, but under current regulations, we don’t have that ability when it comes to genetically engineered (GMO) foods.
Tell Congress you support Mandatory GMO Labeling! We need you to take immediate action and tell Congress you support mandatory GMO labeling!