Call President Obama!
We asked you in April to sign a “We the People Petition” to require the Obama White House to take a position on the labeling of genetically modified foods. In less than five days, we received the necessary 25,000 signatures. These signatures, and all your efforts, signify that this is an important issue to the American public, and one that our federal government must address.
Previously, Barack Obama said he supported the mandatory labeling of genetically engineered foods. While we are still waiting to hear from the White House, now would be a great time to pick up the phone, or email the White House, and tell them directly that Americans have a right to know what is in the food we eat.
Making a call to the White House is easy and only takes a few minutes. Just follow these simple steps:
1) Call the White House by dialing 202-456-1111.
2) When a staff person answers, let them know what you think. Here’s a suggested script:
“Hi, my name is [YOUR NAME]. I’m from [YOUR TOWN] in [YOUR STATE].
I’m calling today because I would like to know where President Obama stands on requiring labels for genetically engineered foods. Over 1.1 million people have contacted the FDA on this issue. And it’s been two months since the 25,000 person threshold was met on our We the People petition, yet President Obama hasn’t issued a response. We have a right to know how our food is produced – and where our president stands on labeling GMOs.
Thank you for your time.”
3) After you thank the person who took your message, hang up, and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org saying “I made my call” so we know how many people called. If the phone line was busy or there was no answer, please try again!
As the presidential campaign continues to dominate the public discourse on what issues matter most to the American public, powerful interests are trying to drown out the voices of people like you and me. Please ask President Obama to listen to his constituents, and support the mandatory labeling of genetically engineered foods.
Thank you for your swift action – it is making a difference. But, we still have a much work ahead of us and your continued support is needed.
Thank you for all your help.
- More People Want GMO Labeling Than Like Apple Pie
- Fields Of Drift: GMO Weed Killer Exposure On Playing Fields And Parks
- Anti-Consumer DARK Act Blocks States Rights
- Monsanto’s GMO Weed Killer Damages DNA
- DARKer Act Blocks State And Local GMO Safety Rules
Tell the FDA!
Tell the FDA! We have a right to know about food we eat and feed our families, but under current regulations, we don’t have that ability when it comes to genetically engineered (GMO) foods.
Tell Congress you support Mandatory GMO Labeling! We need you to take immediate action and tell Congress you support mandatory GMO labeling!