Looking for resources on genetically modified (GMO) foods and labeling? Browse these resources.
Labeling of GMO Foods
- 2015 JLI Survey: 88% of Americans support mandatory GMO labeling [Just Label It, May 2015]
- We Have the Right To Know About Our Food [Just Label It, May 2013]
- Label It Now: What You Need to Know About Genetically Engineered Foods [Gary Hirshberg, Charles Benbrook & Britt Lundgren, January 2012]
- True Food’s Shopper Guide: How to Avoid Foods Made with GMOs [Center for Food Safety, February 2011]
- Guide to Verified Non-GMO Products [Non-GMO Project]
- GMO Myths & Truths [Michael Antoniou, Claire Robinson & John Fagan, June 2012]
GMO Crops and the Environment
- Groups call on EPA to reassess safety of GMO herbicide [Just Label It, March 2015]
- GE Foods & the Environment [Just Label It, March 2013]
- Impacts of Genetically Engineered Crops on Pesticides Use in the U.S.: The First Sixteen Years [Charles Benbrook, The Organic Center, September 2012]
- Impacts of Genetically Engineered Crops on Pesticide Use: The First Thirteen Years [Charles Benbrook, The Organic Center, November 2009]
GMO Foods and Feeding the World
- Feeding the World Without GMOs [EWG, April 2015]
- GE Foods & the Developing World [Just Label It, March 2013]
- Do GMO Crops Really Have Higher Yields? [Tom Philpott, Mother Jones, February 2013]
- Why GMOs Won’t Feed the World [Anna Lappe, Civil Eats, August 2011]
- Failure to Yield Report [Union of Concerned Scientists, April 2009]
- Testimony of Gary Hirshberg Before the Senate Committee on Agriculture
- Give Food Consumers the Right to Know
- Busting GMO Labeling Myths
- Learn how the DARK Act would affect GMO labeling laws and your knowledge about the food you eat.
- Monsanto “Science” Ignores Weed Killers Linked To Cancer
Tell the FDA!
Tell the FDA! We have a right to know about food we eat and feed our families, but under current regulations, we don’t have that ability when it comes to genetically engineered (GMO) foods.
Tell Congress you support Mandatory GMO Labeling! We need you to take immediate action and tell Congress you support mandatory GMO labeling!