Monsanto “Science” Ignores Weed Killers Linked To Cancer
As the New York Times reveals today, the “science” served up to legislators considering whether to block state and federal GMO labeling has been cherry-picked by GMO labeling opponents.
What’s missing from the story they tell Congress – but included in today’s story in the Times – is clear and convincing evidence that GMO crops have led to an explosion in weed killers linked to cancer.
Since GMO corn and soy were first introduced two decades ago, the amount of glyphosate used by farmers has increased 16-fold — to 280 million pounds a year. What’s especially troubling is that glyphosate was recently classified as “probably carcinogenic to humans” by cancer experts at the World Health Organization.
Read the full blog here.
- Just Label It News Roundup 10/13
- Just Label It News Roundup, October 5th
- Farming and Your Tap Water
- Top 10 Reasons to Reject Trump’s Chemical Safety Nominee
- Michael Dourson’s Toxic Wake: Locations Across the US Contaminated by Eight Chemicals “Blessed” by Trump EPA Toxics Nominee