- “Just Label It” Condemns Dangerous Riders Snuck into the Farm Bill by Chemical Companies Working to Keep Americans in the Dark About Their Food
- “DARK Act” Finds New Ways to Keep Consumers Guessing About GMOs
- Another Attempt to Keep Consumers in the DARK: Rep. Pompeo Reintroduces Bill to Preempt State GMO Labeling Laws
- Ben & Jerry’s, GE-Labeling Advocates Protest Anti-GE Labeling Bill
- Bill Maher Show on GMO Labeling Features Just Label It Chair Gary Hirshberg
- Cancer Risk from Farm Chemicals Highlights Need for GMO Labeling
- Celebrity Moms Sarah Gilbert, Ginnifer Goodwin, Jillian Michaels, Jordana Brewster And More Add Their Voices To The Conceal Or Reveal Campaign’s Call To Label GMO’s
- Chef Colicchio, Activists, Lawmakers Demand Action on GMO Labeling
- Consumer-backed Effort to Label Genetically Engineered Food Releases Video by Food, Inc. Filmmaker Robert Kenner
- Court Ruling on Bowman vs. Monsanto Makes Further Case for GE Labeling
- DARK Act Vote Shows House Members, Food Companies Oppose Transparency
- Federal Court Greenlights Vermont GMO Labeling Law
- Fireworks May Not Pack the Only July 4th Surprise
- Food Industry Backed Bill Denys Consumers Right-to-Know
- Food Industry Leaders Call for Mandatory GMO Labeling
- GE Labeling Remains a Priority on a National Level
- GE Labeling Would Not Impact Supermarket Prices, New Study Says
- GMO Labeling Patriotic as Arctic® Apple Pie
- Grocery Manufacturers Association Dumps $5 Million into Defeating GE Labeling in Washington State
- Groups Call on EPA to Reassess Safety of GMO Herbicide Linked to Cancer
- JLI’s Scott Faber Testifies Against Anti-GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It and Farm Aid Partner to Promote Mandatory Labeling of Genetically Engineered (GE) Food
- Just Label It Applauds GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Applauds Maine’s Historic Vote on GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Applauds the Vermont Legislature for Passing the First ‘No Strings Attached’ Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Applauds Todd Tiahrt for Supporting GE Labeling, Opposing Pompeo’s DARK Act
- Just Label It Applauds USDA’s Decision to Extend Review of 2,4-D Corn
- Just Label It Applauds Vermont’s Commitment to GE Labeling in Historic Senate Vote
- Just Label It Applauds Whole Foods For Its Commitment to GE Labeling
- Just Label It Calls on Agriculture Secretary Vilsack to Deny Approval of 2,4-D Resistant Corn
- Just Label It Campaign Urges Congress to Dump the Biotech Rider
- Just Label It Commends Connecticut On Passage of First State GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Commends Connecticut’s Commitment to GE Labeling in Historic Senate Vote
- Just Label It Commends Senate Appropriations Committee for Passing GE Salmon Labeling Amendment
- Just Label It Commends the Natural Products Association For Its Commitment to a National Standard for GE Labeling
- Just Label It Commends Vermont’s Commitment to GE Labeling in Historic House Vote
- Just Label It Criticizes EPA’s Decision to Approve Toxic Enlist Duo
- Just Label It Endorses “Yes on Prop 37 – California Right to Know”
- JUST LABEL IT LAUNCHES “CONCEAL OR REVEAL” CAMPAIGN
- Just Label It Launches Consumer Campaign Calling for the Right to Know What is in Our Food
- Just Label It Responds to Food Industry’s “Coalition for Safe Affordable Food” and Proposed Voluntary Labeling
- Just Label It Responds to GMA’s Statement on GE Labeling
- Just Label It Responds to Industry Food Bill Baring GE Food Labels
- Just Label It Responds to USDA’s Decision to Advance a Proposal to Deregulate the Use of Enlist Crops
- Just Label It Responds to USDA’s Draft Environmental Impact Statement on 2,4-D Resistant GE Crops
- Just Label It Submits Comment on the Proposed Deregulation of 2,4-D Resistant Corn and Soybean Varieties
- Just Label It Survey: Parents Overwhelmingly Say Label Genetically Engineered Foods
- Latest Version of Bill Adds to the Confusion of the DARK Act
- Markey Urges EPA to Consider Cancer Risks of GMO Herbicide
- Medical Experts Label Dow Crop Chemical Possible Carcinogen
- Monsanto Protection Act Not Included in Senate Amendment to House Continuing Resolution
- National Coalition “Just Label It” Urges Defeat of Farmers Assurance Bill
- National Just Label It Coalition Calls for New Era of Transparency in Government
- National Just Label It Coalition for GMO Labeling Applauds California Right to Know 2012 Ballot Initiative
- National Just Label It Coalition Urges FDA to Use 21st Century Science – Not the Five Senses – To Drive GMO Food Policy
- National Nonprofits to Collaborate on Promoting Organic Food and GE Labeling
- Natural Food Retailers Double Down on Support for GMO Labeling
- New Poll Shows Quaker And Other Food Brands Risk Losing Their Primary Customer – Moms – Over GMO Labeling!
- On GMOS, 125 CEOs and Business Leaders Tell President Obama: Just Label It!
- Prop 37 Proves Americans Want the Right to Know as Campaign Shifts Focus to the Federal Level
- Record-breaking One Million Americans Tell FDA: We Have a Right to Know What’s in Our Food
- Stars Join National Fight to Label Genetically Engineered Foods in New Video
- Statement from Gary Hirshberg on USDA Plan to Create Voluntary Certification System
- Statement of Scott Faber, Executive Director of Just Label it, on a letter to President Obama in supporting of GE labeling
- Washington State Attorney General Files Lawsuit Against Grocery Manufacturers Association
Celebrity Moms Sarah Gilbert, Ginnifer Goodwin, Jillian Michaels, Jordana Brewster And More Add Their Voices To The Conceal Or Reveal Campaign’s Call To Label GMO’s
August 4th, 2015For Immediate Release August 4, 2015 Celebrity Moms Sarah Gilbert, Ginnifer Goodwin, Jillian Michaels, Jordana Brewster And More Add Their Voices To The Conceal Or Reveal Campaign's Call To Label GMO's New Data Shows That Big Food and BioTech Companies Have Spent $51.6 Million So Far In 2015 To Lobby On Issues Including Blocking GMO Labeling WASHINGTON - For those wonder...
July 23rd, 2015For Immediate Release July 23, 2015 DARK Act Vote Shows House Members, Food Companies Oppose Transparency WASHINGTON- House passage of what critics call the DARK Act, for Deny Americans the Right to Know, shows a disregard for Americans’ basic rights, Just Label It said today. "We are disappointed but not surprised that the maj...
July 13th, 2015For Immediate Release July 13, 2015 Latest Version of Bill Adds to the Confusion of the DARK Act WASHINGTON – The latest version of the Deny Americans the Right to Know (DARK) Act, an industry-backed bill designed to block GMO labeling would create even more consumer confusion around genetically engineered foods, according to Just Label It. The DARK goes ...
July 1st, 2015For Immediate Release June 30, 2015 On GMOS, 125 CEOs and Business Leaders Tell President Obama: Just Label It! WASHINGTON- One hundred twenty-five (125) U.S. CEOs and business leaders from across the country called on President Barack Obama to keep his 2007 campaign pledge to give Americans the right to know what is in their food by directing the Food and Dru...
June 22nd, 2015For Immediate Release June 22, 2015 Medical Experts Label Dow Crop Chemical Possible Carcinogen WASHINGTON- Yesterday’s action by the International Agency for Research on Cancer to label the chemical 2,4-D a possible human carcinogen means that both active ingredients in Dow AgroSciences’ Enlist Duo herbicide for GMO crops are human cancer risks. Last March, ...
June 18th, 2015For Immediate Release June 18, 2015 “DARK Act” Finds New Ways to Keep Consumers Guessing About GMOs Rep. Mike Pompeo (R-Kan.) has found new ways to keep Americans in the dark about whether their food contains genetically modified ingredients, or GMOs. During a hearing in the House of Representatives, members of Congress considered a new draft of a bill that has com...
New Poll Shows Quaker And Other Food Brands Risk Losing Their Primary Customer – Moms – Over GMO Labeling!
June 9th, 2015For Immediate Release June 9, 2015 New Poll Shows Quaker And Other Food Brands Risk Losing Their Primary Customer - Moms - Over GMO Labeling! WASHINGTON - A first-of-its-kind poll released today comprising moms who purchase select major food brands reveals the vulnerabilities that companies face based on their GMO labeling activities. Specifically, brands that either do...
May 20th, 2015Armed with new national survey results showing overwhelming support for mandatory labeling of genetically modified foods (GMOs), top executives from Ben & Jerry’s, Chipotle, Stonyfield Farm, Patagonia and other companies today urged lawmakers to oppose legislation designed to block labeling of GMO foods and called instead for mandatory national GMO labeling.
May 14th, 2015The following is a statement from Gary Hirshberg, chairman of the Just Label It campaign and chairman and co-founder of Stonyfield Farm, reacting to news that USDA will create a voluntary certification for products that do not contain GMOs.
April 29th, 2015Washington DC, April 29, 2015 – Just Label It (JLI), a project of Organic Voices, today launched its national “Conceal or Reveal” campaign to publicly identify well-known brand-name food companies that are funding state and federal efforts to block mandatory GMO labeling.
April 28th, 2015WASHINGTON –The nation’s first law to require labeling of foods made with genetically engineered ingredients can proceed following a ruling yesterday by the U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont that keeps the pioneering law on track to go into effect in July 2016.
April 13th, 2015The Independent Natural Food Retailers Association and its members have demonstrated their continued commitment to consumers’ right to know whether the food they buy contains genetically modified ingredients by donating more than $60,000 to the Just Label It campaign.
March 31st, 2015Washington, D.C. –Sen. Edward Markey (D-Mass.) today urged the Environmental Protection Agency to consider the opinion of an expert panel convened by the World Health Organization that glyphosate, the main herbicide used on genetically engineered crops is “probably carcinogenic to humans.”
March 26th, 2015Several leading public interest organizations today urged the Obama administration to “weigh heavily” the World Health Organization’s recent conclusion that glyphosate is “probably carcinogenic to humans.”
Another Attempt to Keep Consumers in the DARK: Rep. Pompeo Reintroduces Bill to Preempt State GMO Labeling Laws
March 25th, 2015Rep. Mike Pompeo, R-Kan., is expected to file legislation in Congress to prevent states from giving their citizens the right to know whether the food they buy was made with genetically modified ingredients, or GMOs.
March 20th, 2015The national Just Label It campaign is calling on the Food and Drug Administration to require labeling of genetically modified foods (GMOs) in light of today’s announcement that glyphosate, the main ingredient in the Roundup herbicide widely used on GMO crops, is now considered a probable carcinogen by the U.N.’s International Agency for Research on Cancer.
February 13th, 2015Today’s announcement that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is allowing two genetically engineered apple varieties onto the U.S. market emphasizes the need to label GMO food, said Katrina Saves of Just Label It.
February 12th, 2015Chef Tom Colicchio joined Sens. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) and Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) and Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.) today as they reintroduced bipartisan legislation that would give Americans more information about what’s in their food and how it was produced.
December 10th, 2014Scott Faber, vice president of government affairs at EWG, urged a congressional panel today to oppose legislation that would deny consumers information about what’s in their food and how it was grown.
November 7th, 2014Gary Hirshberg, Chairman of Just Label It, issued the followed statement in response to a statement made on Wednesday by the Grocery Manufacturers Association
- Citing GMO-Herbicide Link, Renowned Children’s Health Expert Calls For GMO Labeling
- More People Want GMO Labeling Than Like Apple Pie
- Fields Of Drift: GMO Weed Killer Exposure On Playing Fields And Parks
- Anti-Consumer DARK Act Blocks States Rights
- Monsanto’s GMO Weed Killer Damages DNA
Tell the FDA!
Tell the FDA! We have a right to know about food we eat and feed our families, but under current regulations, we don’t have that ability when it comes to genetically engineered (GMO) foods.
Tell Congress you support Mandatory GMO Labeling! We need you to take immediate action and tell Congress you support mandatory GMO labeling!