- “Just Label It” Condemns Dangerous Riders Snuck into the Farm Bill by Chemical Companies Working to Keep Americans in the Dark About Their Food
- “DARK Act” Finds New Ways to Keep Consumers Guessing About GMOs
- Another Attempt to Keep Consumers in the DARK: Rep. Pompeo Reintroduces Bill to Preempt State GMO Labeling Laws
- Ben & Jerry’s, GE-Labeling Advocates Protest Anti-GE Labeling Bill
- Big Food Recycles Bogus Claim to Block GMO Labeling
- Bill Maher Show on GMO Labeling Features Just Label It Chair Gary Hirshberg
- BioTech and Big Food Companies Spin Science to Block GMO Labeling
- Cancer Risk from Farm Chemicals Highlights Need for GMO Labeling
- Chef Colicchio, Activists, Lawmakers Demand Action on GMO Labeling
- Consumer and Environmental Groups Call on General Mills to Stop Funding Anti-GMO Labeling Efforts and Support Consumers’ Right to Know
- Consumer-backed Effort to Label Genetically Engineered Food Releases Video by Food, Inc. Filmmaker Robert Kenner
- Court Ruling on Bowman vs. Monsanto Makes Further Case for GE Labeling
- DARK Act Vote Shows House Members, Food Companies Oppose Transparency
- FDA Keeps Consumers in the Dark about Newly Approved GE Salmon
- Federal Court Greenlights Vermont GMO Labeling Law
- Fireworks May Not Pack the Only July 4th Surprise
- Food Industry Backed Bill Denys Consumers Right-to-Know
- Food Industry Leaders Call for Mandatory GMO Labeling
- GE Labeling Remains a Priority on a National Level
- GE Labeling Would Not Impact Supermarket Prices, New Study Says
- General Mills to Label Products with GMOs
- GMO Labeling Patriotic as Arctic® Apple Pie
- Grocery Manufacturers Association Dumps $5 Million into Defeating GE Labeling in Washington State
- Groups Call on EPA to Reassess Safety of GMO Herbicide Linked to Cancer
- JLI Strongly Opposes Senate Passage of DARK Act
- JLI’s Scott Faber Testifies Against Anti-GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It and Farm Aid Partner to Promote Mandatory Labeling of Genetically Engineered (GE) Food
- Just Label It Applauds Campbell Soup for Support of GMO Labeling
- Just Label It Applauds Exclusion of Anti-GMO Labeling Rider in Omnibus
- Just Label It Applauds GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Applauds Maine’s Historic Vote on GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Applauds the Vermont Legislature for Passing the First ‘No Strings Attached’ Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Applauds Todd Tiahrt for Supporting GE Labeling, Opposing Pompeo’s DARK Act
- Just Label It Applauds USDA’s Decision to Extend Review of 2,4-D Corn
- Just Label It Applauds Vermont’s Commitment to GE Labeling in Historic Senate Vote
- Just Label It Applauds Whole Foods For Its Commitment to GE Labeling
- Just Label It Calls on Agriculture Secretary Vilsack to Deny Approval of 2,4-D Resistant Corn
- Just Label It Campaign Urges Congress to Dump the Biotech Rider
- Just Label It Commends Connecticut On Passage of First State GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Commends Connecticut’s Commitment to GE Labeling in Historic Senate Vote
- Just Label It Commends Senate Appropriations Committee for Passing GE Salmon Labeling Amendment
- Just Label It Commends the Natural Products Association For Its Commitment to a National Standard for GE Labeling
- Just Label It Commends Vermont’s Commitment to GE Labeling in Historic House Vote
- Just Label It Criticizes EPA’s Decision to Approve Toxic Enlist Duo
- Just Label It Endorses “Yes on Prop 37 – California Right to Know”
- Just Label It Launches Consumer Campaign Calling for the Right to Know What is in Our Food
- Just Label It Responds to Food Industry’s “Coalition for Safe Affordable Food” and Proposed Voluntary Labeling
- Just Label It Responds to GMA’s Statement on GE Labeling
- Just Label It Responds to Industry Food Bill Baring GE Food Labels
- Just Label It Responds to USDA’s Decision to Advance a Proposal to Deregulate the Use of Enlist Crops
- Just Label It Responds to USDA’s Draft Environmental Impact Statement on 2,4-D Resistant GE Crops
- Just Label It Submits Comment on the Proposed Deregulation of 2,4-D Resistant Corn and Soybean Varieties
- Just Label It Survey: Parents Overwhelmingly Say Label Genetically Engineered Foods
- Klobuchar Votes Against Minnesota Consumers
- Latest Version of Bill Adds to the Confusion of the DARK Act
- Markey Urges EPA to Consider Cancer Risks of GMO Herbicide
- Medical Experts Label Dow Crop Chemical Possible Carcinogen
- Monsanto Protection Act Not Included in Senate Amendment to House Continuing Resolution
- NAS Report on GMOs Confirms Importance of Transparency
- National Coalition “Just Label It” Urges Defeat of Farmers Assurance Bill
- National Just Label It Coalition Calls for New Era of Transparency in Government
- National Just Label It Coalition for GMO Labeling Applauds California Right to Know 2012 Ballot Initiative
- National Just Label It Coalition Urges FDA to Use 21st Century Science – Not the Five Senses – To Drive GMO Food Policy
- National Nonprofits to Collaborate on Promoting Organic Food and GE Labeling
- Natural Food Retailers Double Down on Support for GMO Labeling
- New GMO Potato Reinforces Need for Clear Labeling Standard
- New Poll: Nearly Nine in 10 Americans Want Labels on GMO Food
- On GMOS, 125 CEOs and Business Leaders Tell President Obama: Just Label It!
- PepsiCo’s Tropicana ‘Non-GMO’ Seal Is “Disingenuous”
- Prop 37 Proves Americans Want the Right to Know as Campaign Shifts Focus to the Federal Level
- Record-breaking One Million Americans Tell FDA: We Have a Right to Know What’s in Our Food
- Sen. Merkley’s GMO Labeling Could Bridge Divide Between Consumers and Industry
- Senate Bill Filed Today Uses New Tricks to Keep Consumers in the DARK
- Senate Defeats DARK Act in Major Win for Consumers
- Senate Introduces DARK Act to Deny Consumers the Right to Know About GMOs
- Stars Join National Fight to Label Genetically Engineered Foods in New Video
- Statement from Gary Hirshberg on USDA Plan to Create Voluntary Certification System
- Statement of JLI’s Gary Hirshberg on Passage of DARK Act by Senate Agriculture Committee
- Statement of Scott Faber, Executive Director of Just Label it, on a letter to President Obama in supporting of GE labeling
- Tens of Thousands Thank Campbell Soup for Backing GMO Labeling
- Washington State Attorney General Files Lawsuit Against Grocery Manufacturers Association
May 17th, 2016NAS report confirms the importance of transparency and the need for mandatory GMO labeling on the package.
March 18th, 2016Today, General Mills announced it will label products with genetically modified ingredients.
March 16th, 2016Today, the Senate voted to defeat the Deny Americans the Right to Know (DARK) Act, introduced by Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kans.). The vote was a major win for consumers. Gary Hirshberg, chairman of Just Label It and Stonyfield Farm, said the time is ripe for a true compromise that would satisfy the consumers’ right to know and can also work for industry.
March 15th, 2016A new version of the so-called Deny Americans the Right to Know, or DARK, Act filed today would block laws of states from requiring mandatory GMO labeling, and instead make a new voluntary system. On products that choose to carry it, consumers would have to call a 1-800 number or use another high-tech gimmick to find out if a food contains genetically engineered ingredients, or GMOs.
March 2nd, 2016A new bill introduced today by Senator Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) could “bridge the divide” between consumers and industry on the issue of transparency and GMO labeling, according to a statement from Just Label It’s chairman Gary Hirshberg.
March 1st, 2016During a mark up in the Senate Agriculture Committee, Senator Amy Klobuchar voted yes to bring to the floor of the Senate a bill-- known as the Deny Americans the Right to Know, or DARK Act. The anti-consumer legislation would block states from enacting GMO labeling laws and make it harder for companies to adopt voluntary labeling initiatives.
March 1st, 2016The Just Label It campaign issued the following statement today in response to the Senate Agriculture Committee’s adoption the Deny Americans the Right to Know (DARK) Act.
February 20th, 2016Senate Agriculture Chairman Pat Roberts (R-KS) introduced the DARK Act in the Senate today. The draft legislation would stop states from labeling food with GMO ingredients.
February 19th, 2016JLI strongly opposes Senate passage of the DARK Act.
February 12th, 2016More than 60,000 people signed a petition thanking Campbell Soup Company for supporting the mandatory labeling of genetically modified ingredients, or GMOs.
January 14th, 2016The new GMO potato cleared this week by the Food and Drug Administration for sale in the United States is yet another in the long list of reasons why consumers deserve an on-package, federal mandatory labeling system, according to Just Label It.
January 8th, 2016Just Label It applauds Campbell’s for their decision to support mandatory GMO labeling.
December 16th, 2015Just Label It, a coalition of more than 700 organizations and companies campaigning for Americans' right to know what's in their food, applauded congressional leaders for rejecting efforts by the food industry to block GMO labeling in the omnibus appropriations bill agreed upon today.
December 14th, 2015The move by PepsiCo to include a non-GMO seal Tropicana Pure Premium and four other PepsiCo products is “completely disingenuous,” according to the following statement from Gary Hirshberg, Chairman of Just Label It.
December 7th, 2015Clinging to a now-debunked argument that mandatory GMO labeling will lead to surging food prices, big food and beverage corporations called on Congress to slip language into the must-pass Omnibus spending bill that would block states from enacting their own labeling laws.
December 2nd, 2015By an overwhelming margin, American voters say consumers should have the right to know if their food is genetically modified, with 89 percent in support of mandatory GMO labeling, according to a new national poll. Nearly the same number of consumers would like to see the labels in an easy to read format.
November 19th, 2015The Food and Drug Administration’s decision to approve the sale of genetically modified salmon underscores the need for a national, mandatory standard for the disclosure of genetically engineered foods and ingredients (GMOs). The decision marks the first time a genetically modified animal has been cleared for human consumption.
Consumer and Environmental Groups Call on General Mills to Stop Funding Anti-GMO Labeling Efforts and Support Consumers’ Right to Know
October 26th, 2015Consumer and environmental groups representing hundreds of thousands of consumers launched an advertising campaign directed at General Mills calling on the company to respond to consumer demands for the right to know what is in the food they buy and eat and to stop funding anti-food labeling efforts. General Mills, known for cereal brands like Cheerios and Wheaties, has spent millions of dollars fighting efforts to require labels on food products containing genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
September 5th, 2015Big biotech companies like Monsanto and big food companies like General Mills and Pepsi have spun the science to fight our right to know what’s in our food and how it’s grown. Nine out of 10 Americans — regardless of age, income or even party affiliation — simply want the right to know if GMOs are in their food, the same right held by consumers in 64 other nations. The Senate and the Obama administration should look at all of the science — including the clear and convincing evidence that GMO crops have fueled an explosion in weed killers linked to cancer — not just Monsanto’s “science" and reject legislation passed by the House to block state and federal GMO labeling.
July 23rd, 2015House passage of what critics call the DARK Act, for Deny Americans the Right to Know, shows a disregard for Americans’ basic rights, Just Label It said today.
Tell the FDA!
Tell the FDA! We have a right to know about food we eat and feed our families, but under current regulations, we don’t have that ability when it comes to genetically engineered (GMO) foods.
Tell Congress you support Mandatory GMO Labeling! We need you to take immediate action and tell Congress you support mandatory GMO labeling!