- “Just Label It” Condemns Dangerous Riders Snuck into the Farm Bill by Chemical Companies Working to Keep Americans in the Dark About Their Food
- “DARK Act” Finds New Ways to Keep Consumers Guessing About GMOs
- Americans Deserve Transparency on GMOs from Trump Administration
- Another Attempt to Keep Consumers in the DARK: Rep. Pompeo Reintroduces Bill to Preempt State GMO Labeling Laws
- As USDA Action Nears, More than 70,000 Americans Call for Clear GMO Disclosures Without Industry Loopholes
- Ben & Jerry’s, GE-Labeling Advocates Protest Anti-GE Labeling Bill
- Big Food Recycles Bogus Claim to Block GMO Labeling
- Bill Maher Show on GMO Labeling Features Just Label It Chair Gary Hirshberg
- BioTech and Big Food Companies Spin Science to Block GMO Labeling
- Cancer Risk from Farm Chemicals Highlights Need for GMO Labeling
- Chef Colicchio, Activists, Lawmakers Demand Action on GMO Labeling
- Consumer and Environmental Groups Call on General Mills to Stop Funding Anti-GMO Labeling Efforts and Support Consumers’ Right to Know
- Consumer-backed Effort to Label Genetically Engineered Food Releases Video by Food, Inc. Filmmaker Robert Kenner
- Consumers Call on Nestlé to Get on Right Side of History, Label GMOs on Package
- Court Ruling on Bowman vs. Monsanto Makes Further Case for GE Labeling
- DARK Act Vote Shows House Members, Food Companies Oppose Transparency
- FDA Keeps Consumers in the Dark about Newly Approved GE Salmon
- Federal Court Greenlights Vermont GMO Labeling Law
- Fireworks May Not Pack the Only July 4th Surprise
- Food Companies Should Keep Clear, On-Pack GMO Labels
- Food Companies Urge USDA to Implement ‘Meaningful’ GMO Disclosure Standards
- Food Industry Backed Bill Denys Consumers Right-to-Know
- Food Industry Leaders Call for Mandatory GMO Labeling
- GE Labeling Remains a Priority on a National Level
- GE Labeling Would Not Impact Supermarket Prices, New Study Says
- General Mills to Label Products with GMOs
- GMO Labeling Patriotic as Arctic® Apple Pie
- Grocery Manufacturers Association Dumps $5 Million into Defeating GE Labeling in Washington State
- Groups Call on EPA to Reassess Safety of GMO Herbicide Linked to Cancer
- JLI Reacts to GMO Labeling Deal in Senate
- JLI Reacts to Senate Vote on GMO Labeling Bill
- JLI Statement on House Consideration of Roberts-Stabenow GMO Labeling Bill
- JLI Strongly Opposes Senate Passage of DARK Act
- JLI’s Scott Faber Testifies Against Anti-GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It and Farm Aid Partner to Promote Mandatory Labeling of Genetically Engineered (GE) Food
- Just Label It Applauds Campbell Soup for Support of GMO Labeling
- Just Label It Applauds Exclusion of Anti-GMO Labeling Rider in Omnibus
- Just Label It Applauds GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Applauds Maine’s Historic Vote on GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Applauds the Vermont Legislature for Passing the First ‘No Strings Attached’ Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Applauds Todd Tiahrt for Supporting GE Labeling, Opposing Pompeo’s DARK Act
- Just Label It Applauds USDA’s Decision to Extend Review of 2,4-D Corn
- Just Label It Applauds Vermont’s Commitment to GE Labeling in Historic Senate Vote
- Just Label It Applauds Whole Foods For Its Commitment to GE Labeling
- Just Label It Calls on Agriculture Secretary Vilsack to Deny Approval of 2,4-D Resistant Corn
- Just Label It Campaign Urges Congress to Dump the Biotech Rider
- Just Label It Commends Connecticut On Passage of First State GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Commends Connecticut’s Commitment to GE Labeling in Historic Senate Vote
- Just Label It Commends Senate Appropriations Committee for Passing GE Salmon Labeling Amendment
- Just Label It Commends the Natural Products Association For Its Commitment to a National Standard for GE Labeling
- Just Label It Commends Vermont’s Commitment to GE Labeling in Historic House Vote
- Just Label It Criticizes EPA’s Decision to Approve Toxic Enlist Duo
- Just Label It Endorses “Yes on Prop 37 – California Right to Know”
- Just Label It Launches Consumer Campaign Calling for the Right to Know What is in Our Food
- Just Label It Presses Hershey’s, KRAVE Jerky and BarkTHINS to Disclose GMOs on the Label
- Just Label It Responds to Food Industry’s “Coalition for Safe Affordable Food” and Proposed Voluntary Labeling
- Just Label It Responds to GMA’s Statement on GE Labeling
- Just Label It Responds to Industry Food Bill Baring GE Food Labels
- Just Label It Responds to USDA’s Decision to Advance a Proposal to Deregulate the Use of Enlist Crops
- Just Label It Responds to USDA’s Draft Environmental Impact Statement on 2,4-D Resistant GE Crops
- Just Label It Submits Comment on the Proposed Deregulation of 2,4-D Resistant Corn and Soybean Varieties
- Just Label It Survey: Parents Overwhelmingly Say Label Genetically Engineered Foods
- Klobuchar Votes Against Minnesota Consumers
- Latest Version of Bill Adds to the Confusion of the DARK Act
- Markey Urges EPA to Consider Cancer Risks of GMO Herbicide
- Medical Experts Label Dow Crop Chemical Possible Carcinogen
- Monsanto Protection Act Not Included in Senate Amendment to House Continuing Resolution
- More than 50,000 Consumers Demand USDA Provide Clear, Consumer-Friendly GMO Labels
- NAS Report on GMOs Confirms Importance of Transparency
- National Coalition “Just Label It” Urges Defeat of Farmers Assurance Bill
- National Just Label It Coalition Calls for New Era of Transparency in Government
- National Just Label It Coalition for GMO Labeling Applauds California Right to Know 2012 Ballot Initiative
- National Just Label It Coalition Urges FDA to Use 21st Century Science – Not the Five Senses – To Drive GMO Food Policy
- National Nonprofits to Collaborate on Promoting Organic Food and GE Labeling
- Natural Food Retailers Double Down on Support for GMO Labeling
- New GMO Potato Reinforces Need for Clear Labeling Standard
- New Poll: Nearly Nine in 10 Americans Want Labels on GMO Food
- On GMOS, 125 CEOs and Business Leaders Tell President Obama: Just Label It!
- PepsiCo’s Tropicana ‘Non-GMO’ Seal Is “Disingenuous”
- Poll: Americans Far More Familiar with ‘GMO’ Foods Than USDA’s Choice of ‘Bioengineered’ for Proposed Disclosure Rule
- Prop 37 Proves Americans Want the Right to Know as Campaign Shifts Focus to the Federal Level
- Record-breaking One Million Americans Tell FDA: We Have a Right to Know What’s in Our Food
- Sen. Merkley’s GMO Labeling Could Bridge Divide Between Consumers and Industry
- Senate Bill Filed Today Uses New Tricks to Keep Consumers in the DARK
- Senate Defeats DARK Act in Major Win for Consumers
- Senate Introduces DARK Act to Deny Consumers the Right to Know About GMOs
- Stars Join National Fight to Label Genetically Engineered Foods in New Video
- Statement from Gary Hirshberg on USDA Plan to Create Voluntary Certification System
- Statement from JLI On USDA’s Proposed Rule for Nationwide Disclosures of GMO Foods
- Statement of JLI’s Gary Hirshberg on Passage of DARK Act by Senate Agriculture Committee
- Statement of Scott Faber, Executive Director of Just Label it, on a letter to President Obama in supporting of GE labeling
- Tens of Thousands Thank Campbell Soup for Backing GMO Labeling
- Washington State Attorney General Files Lawsuit Against Grocery Manufacturers Association
Poll: Americans Far More Familiar with ‘GMO’ Foods Than USDA’s Choice of ‘Bioengineered’ for Proposed Disclosure Rule
July 11th, 2018For Immediate Release July 11, 2018 Poll: Americans Far More Familiar with ‘GMO’ Foods Than USDA’s Choice of ‘Bioengineered’ for Proposed Disclosure Rule WASHINGTON – New polling conducted on behalf of the Just Label It campaign found that while many Americans remain uncertain about the term “bioengineered food,” nearly three out of four are fa...
July 3rd, 2018For Immediate Release July 3, 2018 More than 50,000 Consumers Demand USDA Provide Clear, Consumer-Friendly GMO Labels WASHINGTON – More than 50,000 consumers are urging the Trump administration and the U.S. Department of Agriculture to ensure new GMO disclosures are clear and accessible, and no GMO foods are exempt from the new disclosure law. The Just Label It...
May 3rd, 2018For Immediate Release May 3, 2018 Statement from JLI On USDA’s Proposed Rule for Nationwide Disclosures of GMO Foods WASHINGTON – Today the U.S. Department of Agriculture released a proposed rule to implement the mandatory GMO disclosure law passed in 2016. Below is a statement from Gary Hirshberg, chairman of the Just Label It campaign. It will take more than ...
September 14th, 2017For Immediate Release September 14, 2017 Food Companies Urge USDA to Implement ‘Meaningful’ GMO Disclosure Standards WASHINGTON – More than 25 food companies urged Department of Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue today to embrace the most comprehensive GMO disclosure standards possible, so every consumer can find out if their foods include genetically modifie...
As USDA Action Nears, More than 70,000 Americans Call for Clear GMO Disclosures Without Industry Loopholes
September 5th, 2017For Immediate Release September 5, 2017 As USDA Action Nears, More than 70,000 Americans Call for Clear GMO Disclosures Without Industry Loopholes WASHINGTON – Tens of thousands of consumers have directly demanded that the US Department of Agriculture reject Big Ag’s efforts to exclude sugars, oils and newer forms of genetic engineering from the agency’s soon-...
June 27th, 2017For Immediate Release June 27, 2017 Americans Deserve Transparency on GMOs from Trump Administration WASHINGTON – The Department of Agriculture released a list of questions this week, urging consumers and companies alike to weigh in on how the Trump administration should proceed in implementing the federal GMO labeling law passed in 2016. The questions will help ...
April 20th, 2017For Immediate Release April 20, 2017 Consumers Call on Nestlé to Get on Right Side of History, Label GMOs on Package WASHINGTON – More than 55,000 American consumers have joined a petition calling on Nestlé, the world’s largest food and beverage company, to provide clear labels on products that contain genetically engineered ingredients, or GMOs. Just Label...
December 20th, 2016For Immediate Release December 20th, 2016 Just Label It Presses Hershey’s, KRAVE Jerky and BarkTHINS to Disclose GMOs on the Label Just Label It this week launched a campaign urging snack-food makers KRAVE Jerky and BarkTHINS to disclose the presence GMOs on the food package — not through digital codes that must be scanned with a smartphone or other electronic devic...
August 1st, 2016Food companies should commit to keeping clear and simple GMO labels on their products, even as USDA develops GMO labeling rules under the bill signed by President Obama today, according to Just Label It.
July 12th, 2016The GMO labeling legislation passed by the Senate and under consideration by the House this week falls short of what consumers rightly expect – a simple at-a-glance GMO disclosure on the package.
July 8th, 2016The GMO labeling legislation passed by the Senate today falls short of what consumers rightly expect – a simple at-a-glance GMO disclosure on the package.
June 23rd, 2016The following is a statement from Gary Hirshberg, chairman of Just Label It and Stonyfield Farm, in response to the deal on federal GMO labeling legislation announced today by the leaders of the Senate Agriculture Committee
May 17th, 2016NAS report confirms the importance of transparency and the need for mandatory GMO labeling on the package.
March 18th, 2016Today, General Mills announced it will label products with genetically modified ingredients.
March 16th, 2016Today, the Senate voted to defeat the Deny Americans the Right to Know (DARK) Act, introduced by Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kans.). The vote was a major win for consumers. Gary Hirshberg, chairman of Just Label It and Stonyfield Farm, said the time is ripe for a true compromise that would satisfy the consumers’ right to know and can also work for industry.
March 15th, 2016A new version of the so-called Deny Americans the Right to Know, or DARK, Act filed today would block laws of states from requiring mandatory GMO labeling, and instead make a new voluntary system. On products that choose to carry it, consumers would have to call a 1-800 number or use another high-tech gimmick to find out if a food contains genetically engineered ingredients, or GMOs.
March 2nd, 2016A new bill introduced today by Senator Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) could “bridge the divide” between consumers and industry on the issue of transparency and GMO labeling, according to a statement from Just Label It’s chairman Gary Hirshberg.
March 1st, 2016During a mark up in the Senate Agriculture Committee, Senator Amy Klobuchar voted yes to bring to the floor of the Senate a bill-- known as the Deny Americans the Right to Know, or DARK Act. The anti-consumer legislation would block states from enacting GMO labeling laws and make it harder for companies to adopt voluntary labeling initiatives.
March 1st, 2016The Just Label It campaign issued the following statement today in response to the Senate Agriculture Committee’s adoption the Deny Americans the Right to Know (DARK) Act.
February 20th, 2016Senate Agriculture Chairman Pat Roberts (R-KS) introduced the DARK Act in the Senate today. The draft legislation would stop states from labeling food with GMO ingredients.