Just Label It Applauds GE Labeling Bill
Washington, D.C (April 24th, 2013) – The national Just Label It coalition today applauded the introduction of bipartisan legislation to require food manufacturers to inform consumers when packaged food contains genetically engineered ingredients.
The Genetically Engineered Food Right-to-Know Act was introduced today by Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA) and Congressman Peter DeFazio (D-OR).
“Americans want to know more, not less, about their food,” said Katey Parker of Just Label It, which has more than 650 partner organizations. “More than 90 percent of Americans want the same rights as consumers in 64 countries around the world. It’s time to trust American consumers with information about genetically engineered ingredients so they can make the best choices for themselves and their families.”
Through the Just Label It campaign, more than 1 million Americans have petitioned FDA to require labeling on packaged food containing GE ingredients.
- Just Label It News Roundup 10/13
- Just Label It News Roundup, October 5th
- Farming and Your Tap Water
- Top 10 Reasons to Reject Trump’s Chemical Safety Nominee
- Michael Dourson’s Toxic Wake: Locations Across the US Contaminated by Eight Chemicals “Blessed” by Trump EPA Toxics Nominee