- “Just Label It” Condemns Dangerous Riders Snuck into the Farm Bill by Chemical Companies Working to Keep Americans in the Dark About Their Food
- “DARK Act” Finds New Ways to Keep Consumers Guessing About GMOs
- Americans Deserve Transparency on GMOs from Trump Administration
- Another Attempt to Keep Consumers in the DARK: Rep. Pompeo Reintroduces Bill to Preempt State GMO Labeling Laws
- As USDA Action Nears, More than 70,000 Americans Call for Clear GMO Disclosures Without Industry Loopholes
- Ben & Jerry’s, GE-Labeling Advocates Protest Anti-GE Labeling Bill
- Big Food Recycles Bogus Claim to Block GMO Labeling
- Bill Maher Show on GMO Labeling Features Just Label It Chair Gary Hirshberg
- BioTech and Big Food Companies Spin Science to Block GMO Labeling
- Cancer Risk from Farm Chemicals Highlights Need for GMO Labeling
- Chef Colicchio, Activists, Lawmakers Demand Action on GMO Labeling
- Consumer and Environmental Groups Call on General Mills to Stop Funding Anti-GMO Labeling Efforts and Support Consumers’ Right to Know
- Consumer-backed Effort to Label Genetically Engineered Food Releases Video by Food, Inc. Filmmaker Robert Kenner
- Consumers Call on Nestlé to Get on Right Side of History, Label GMOs on Package
- Court Ruling on Bowman vs. Monsanto Makes Further Case for GE Labeling
- DARK Act Vote Shows House Members, Food Companies Oppose Transparency
- FDA Keeps Consumers in the Dark about Newly Approved GE Salmon
- Federal Court Greenlights Vermont GMO Labeling Law
- Fireworks May Not Pack the Only July 4th Surprise
- Food Companies Should Keep Clear, On-Pack GMO Labels
- Food Companies Urge USDA to Implement ‘Meaningful’ GMO Disclosure Standards
- Food Industry Backed Bill Denys Consumers Right-to-Know
- Food Industry Leaders Call for Mandatory GMO Labeling
- GE Labeling Remains a Priority on a National Level
- GE Labeling Would Not Impact Supermarket Prices, New Study Says
- General Mills to Label Products with GMOs
- GMO Labeling Patriotic as Arctic® Apple Pie
- Grocery Manufacturers Association Dumps $5 Million into Defeating GE Labeling in Washington State
- Groups Call on EPA to Reassess Safety of GMO Herbicide Linked to Cancer
- JLI Reacts to GMO Labeling Deal in Senate
- JLI Reacts to Senate Vote on GMO Labeling Bill
- JLI Statement on House Consideration of Roberts-Stabenow GMO Labeling Bill
- JLI Strongly Opposes Senate Passage of DARK Act
- JLI’s Scott Faber Testifies Against Anti-GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It and Farm Aid Partner to Promote Mandatory Labeling of Genetically Engineered (GE) Food
- Just Label It Applauds Campbell Soup for Support of GMO Labeling
- Just Label It Applauds Exclusion of Anti-GMO Labeling Rider in Omnibus
- Just Label It Applauds GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Applauds Maine’s Historic Vote on GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Applauds the Vermont Legislature for Passing the First ‘No Strings Attached’ Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Applauds Todd Tiahrt for Supporting GE Labeling, Opposing Pompeo’s DARK Act
- Just Label It Applauds USDA’s Decision to Extend Review of 2,4-D Corn
- Just Label It Applauds Vermont’s Commitment to GE Labeling in Historic Senate Vote
- Just Label It Applauds Whole Foods For Its Commitment to GE Labeling
- Just Label It Calls on Agriculture Secretary Vilsack to Deny Approval of 2,4-D Resistant Corn
- Just Label It Campaign Urges Congress to Dump the Biotech Rider
- Just Label It Commends Connecticut On Passage of First State GE Labeling Bill
- Just Label It Commends Connecticut’s Commitment to GE Labeling in Historic Senate Vote
- Just Label It Commends Senate Appropriations Committee for Passing GE Salmon Labeling Amendment
- Just Label It Commends the Natural Products Association For Its Commitment to a National Standard for GE Labeling
- Just Label It Commends Vermont’s Commitment to GE Labeling in Historic House Vote
- Just Label It Criticizes EPA’s Decision to Approve Toxic Enlist Duo
- Just Label It Endorses “Yes on Prop 37 – California Right to Know”
- Just Label It Launches Consumer Campaign Calling for the Right to Know What is in Our Food
- Just Label It Presses Hershey’s, KRAVE Jerky and BarkTHINS to Disclose GMOs on the Label
- Just Label It Responds to Food Industry’s “Coalition for Safe Affordable Food” and Proposed Voluntary Labeling
- Just Label It Responds to GMA’s Statement on GE Labeling
- Just Label It Responds to Industry Food Bill Baring GE Food Labels
- Just Label It Responds to USDA’s Decision to Advance a Proposal to Deregulate the Use of Enlist Crops
- Just Label It Responds to USDA’s Draft Environmental Impact Statement on 2,4-D Resistant GE Crops
- Just Label It Submits Comment on the Proposed Deregulation of 2,4-D Resistant Corn and Soybean Varieties
- Just Label It Survey: Parents Overwhelmingly Say Label Genetically Engineered Foods
- Klobuchar Votes Against Minnesota Consumers
- Latest Version of Bill Adds to the Confusion of the DARK Act
- Markey Urges EPA to Consider Cancer Risks of GMO Herbicide
- Medical Experts Label Dow Crop Chemical Possible Carcinogen
- Monsanto Protection Act Not Included in Senate Amendment to House Continuing Resolution
- More than 50,000 Consumers Demand USDA Provide Clear, Consumer-Friendly GMO Labels
- NAS Report on GMOs Confirms Importance of Transparency
- National Coalition “Just Label It” Urges Defeat of Farmers Assurance Bill
- National Just Label It Coalition Calls for New Era of Transparency in Government
- National Just Label It Coalition for GMO Labeling Applauds California Right to Know 2012 Ballot Initiative
- National Just Label It Coalition Urges FDA to Use 21st Century Science – Not the Five Senses – To Drive GMO Food Policy
- National Nonprofits to Collaborate on Promoting Organic Food and GE Labeling
- Natural Food Retailers Double Down on Support for GMO Labeling
- New GMO Potato Reinforces Need for Clear Labeling Standard
- New Poll: Nearly Nine in 10 Americans Want Labels on GMO Food
- On GMOS, 125 CEOs and Business Leaders Tell President Obama: Just Label It!
- PepsiCo’s Tropicana ‘Non-GMO’ Seal Is “Disingenuous”
- Poll: Americans Far More Familiar with ‘GMO’ Foods Than USDA’s Choice of ‘Bioengineered’ for Proposed Disclosure Rule
- Prop 37 Proves Americans Want the Right to Know as Campaign Shifts Focus to the Federal Level
- Record-breaking One Million Americans Tell FDA: We Have a Right to Know What’s in Our Food
- Sen. Merkley’s GMO Labeling Could Bridge Divide Between Consumers and Industry
- Senate Bill Filed Today Uses New Tricks to Keep Consumers in the DARK
- Senate Defeats DARK Act in Major Win for Consumers
- Senate Introduces DARK Act to Deny Consumers the Right to Know About GMOs
- Stars Join National Fight to Label Genetically Engineered Foods in New Video
- Statement from Gary Hirshberg on USDA Plan to Create Voluntary Certification System
- Statement from JLI On USDA’s Proposed Rule for Nationwide Disclosures of GMO Foods
- Statement of JLI’s Gary Hirshberg on Passage of DARK Act by Senate Agriculture Committee
- Statement of Scott Faber, Executive Director of Just Label it, on a letter to President Obama in supporting of GE labeling
- Tens of Thousands Thank Campbell Soup for Backing GMO Labeling
- Washington State Attorney General Files Lawsuit Against Grocery Manufacturers Association
November 15th, 2013In response to the outcome of Washington state's I-522 ballot initative, Just Label It's executive director, Scott Faber, issued the following statement
October 16th, 2013Today, Washington State's Attorney General Bob Ferguson filed suit against the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA), big food's national lobby group representing brands like General Mills, Kellogg's, Kraft and Pepsico, for violating the state's campaign disclosure laws. Ferguson alleges that GMA, the largest contributor to the 'No on 522' campaign, illegally collected and spent a sum of $7.2 million to defeat Washington's GE labeling initiative, while hiding the identity of its contributors.
October 1st, 2013Today, the Just Label It campaign called out the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA), a national big food lobby group representing companies like Kraft, Pepsico and Kellogg's, for donating another $5 million to defeat an initiative to label genetically engineered foods in Washington state. To date, GMA has donated a sum of $7.2 million, making them the largest contributor to the 'No on 522' campaign.
September 26th, 2013Just Label It applauds U.S. Senator Barbara Mikulski (D-MD) for her leadership in preventing a provision deemed the "Monsanto rider" from being included in a Senate amendment to the House Continuing Resolution. The provision would negate any meaningful judicial review of the USDA's decisions to allow planting of genetically engineered crops.
September 11th, 2013Requiring food manufacturers to label products that contain genetically engineered (GE) ingredients will not increase food prices at the supermarket, according to an independent study released today by the national Just Label It campaign.
June 21st, 2013Just Label It applauds the Senate Appropriations Committee for yesterday’s passing of an amendment to label genetically engineered salmon, which was offered by Senator Murkowski (R-AK) and added to a spending bill language.
June 11th, 2013Just Label It applauded Maine's House of Reprentatives for today’s historic vote passing LD-718, which would require the labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food and seed stock sold in Maine.
June 4th, 2013Just Label It applauded Connecticut's Senate and House for yesterday’s historic vote passing HB-6519, which would require the labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food sold in Connecticut. The amended bill, after passing through the Senate this weekend, passed through the House by an overwhelming margin of 134 to 3, and makes Connecticut the first U.S. state to pass a law for GE labeling.
May 22nd, 2013Just Label It applauded Connecticut's State Senate for yesterday’s historic vote passing HB-6519, which would require the labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food sold in Connecticut. The voted passed by an overwhelming margin of 35 to 1, and now moves on to the House of Representatives.
May 13th, 2013Today, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Monsanto in the Bowman vs. Monsanto case, marking a disappointing loss for farmers and serving as a reminder of the need for GE labeling.
May 10th, 2013Just Label It applauded the USDA's recent decision to extend its review of the proposed "Enlist" corn, a genetically engineered crop developed by biotech companies Dow and Monsanto.
May 10th, 2013Just Label It applauded the Vermont House of Representatives for today’s historic vote passing H-112, which would require the labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food sold in Vermont. The voted passed by an overwhelming margin of 99 to 42, and now moves to the Vermont Senate, which will pick it up when the legislature returns in January 2014.
April 24th, 2013The national Just Label It coalition today applauded the introduction of bipartisan legislation to require food manufacturers to inform consumers when packaged food contains genetically engineered ingredients.
Just Label It Commends the Natural Products Association For Its Commitment to a National Standard for GE Labeling
March 19th, 2013The national Just Label It coalition commends the Natural Products Association for supporting a national solution for mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food.
March 8th, 2013The national Just Label It coalition commends food retailer Whole Foods Market for its announcement to label all genetically engineered food sold in its store by 2018.
March 6th, 2013Environmental Working Group and Organic Voices will collaborate to highlight the benefits of organic food and advance the fight for labeling food that contains genetically engineered ingredients, the two organizations announced today.
December 4th, 2012A national campaign to defeat the biotech rider snuck into the Agriculture Appropriations Bill now before Congress has been launched by Just Label It, the national coalition spearheading federal labeling of genetically engineered (GE) food.
November 28th, 2012Citing the human and environmental health risks of 2,4-D, an ingredient in the notorious Vietnam era defoliant “Agent Orange,” the national Just Label It (JLI) coalition called on Agriculture Secretary Thomas Vilsack to deny approval of genetically engineered (GE) 2,4-D resistant corn.
November 14th, 2012Emmy Award winners Michael J. Fox and Julie Bowen, and singer Ziggy Marley are featured in a new Just Label It video calling for the FDA to require labeling of genetically engineered (GE) foods. Fox, Bowen and Marley are joined in the video by 24 other entertainers and advocates and Just Label It (JLI) Chairman, Gary Hirshberg.
November 7th, 2012After being outspent ten-to-one by chemical and food company giants working to keep American citizens in the dark about their food, the California Right to Know-Yes on Proposition 37 campaign for GMO labeling was defeated at the ballot box, but defiantly set the stage for bringing the fight for our right to know, a core American value, to the federal level.