- ‘Label It Now’ Will Have You Thinking Organic
- Battle Brewing Over Labeling Genetically Engineered Food
- Consumer Groups Demand GMO Labeling, Question Food Safety
- Controversy flares over “Agent Orange corn”
- Environmental Outlook: Labels for Genetically Modified Foods
- FDA Suit Wants Labels On Genetically Modified Foods
- Five More Food Websites You Can’t Live Without
- Food As Nature Made Them
- Gary Hirshberg on HBO’s “Real Time With Bill Maher”
- GE Ingredients: Just Label It, Already
- GMO Foods: Are They Dangerous to Your Health?
- GMO Labeling Isn’t Dead: See Which States Are Leading the Fight
- Good Friday Food Links
- GreenSpace: Labeling the Modified Foods
- Group Seeks Labels On Genetically Altered Food
- How Do Genetically Modified Foods Affect Your Health?
- Is That Corn Genetically Altered? Don’t Ask the FDA
- Just Label Genetically Engineered Food
- Major Grocer To Label Foods With Gene-Modified Content
- Mark Bittman – Live From the Cutting Room Floor
- Michael J. Fox, Ziggy Marley call for food labeling
- Modified Crops Tap a Wellspring of Protest
- No Turkeys Here
- Push To Label Genetically Modified Food Gains Traction
- Social Media Turns Up Heat On Food Industry
- Stonyfield CEO Steps Down To Focus On Advocacy Work
- Stonyfield’s Gary Hirshberg takes reins of Just Label It campaign
- Survey: 90% of Moms Support GE Food Labeling Law
- The Dylan Ratigan Show: What’s Really in Your Food
- The Right To Know What You Are Eating
- Whole Foods GMO Labeling To Be Mandatory by 2018
- Why GE Labeling Makes Sense
- Ziggy Marley: Let’s Not Be Food ‘Lab Rats’
(Oprah.com) You don't have to look hard to find genetically modified food on supermarket shelves: More than 85 percent of the corn and soy grown in the United States comes from seeds whose DNA has been rejiggered (to increase yields), and those two crops play starring roles in countless processed foods, from soda to salad dressing to bread. Advocates say genetically modif...
(CBS This Morning) SEAFORD, Dela. - The food industry is embroiled in a controversy over what critics call "Agent Orange corn." The genetically-modified vegetable is protected from a herbicide that kills so-called super-weeds, but is linked to the notorious "Agent Orange" used in Vietnam. Many farmers are thrilled with the corn. But many critics think it will lead t...
(The Root) David "Ziggy" Marley, Bob Marley's oldest son, is best known for his role as the leader of Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers, but if the reggae heir has anything to say about it, his legacy will be about more than just music. While he's kicking off a leg of his tour this week at Washington, D.C.'s historic Howard Theatre, what he really wants to talk about ...
(New Hope 360) Functional Ingredients: We're intrigued by companies that manage to keep their presence in health food stores after they go to mainstream distribution. How have you managed to do that? Gary Hirshberg: Other than a tiny little natural foods store down the road from us there weren’t any natural foods stores in those days. So we learned our business in su...
(Sustainable Food News) Ninety percent of mothers and 88 percent of fathers want the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) require labeling of genetically engineered (GE) foods, according to a new survey by the Just Label It - We Have a Right to Know (JLI) campaign. The vast majority of corn and soybeans grown in the United States are genetically modified and used as...
(The Dr. Oz Show) Are genetically modified foods safe? Learn about the GMOs you're feeding to your family and might not even know it. Dr. Oz hosts a debate about these controversial foods. Watch here: http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/gmo-foods-are-they-dangerous-your-health...
Gary Hirshberg, Just Label It's Chairman, appeared on HBO's "Real Time With Bill Maher in October 2012. The interview covered the Prop 37 debate, how GMOs impact more than just food, and why we should care about labeling. Watch a short clip here: http://on.aol.com/video/gary-hirshberg-on-real-time-with-bill-maher-517513746?icid=video_related_6...
(USA Today) The latest video compilation featuring stars (those are always kind of fun, don't you think?) comes from Just Label It, a coalition of 600 organizations dedicated to the mandatory labeling of genetically engineered (GE) foods. Michael J. Fox, Julie Bowen and singer Ziggy Marley are featured, along with a couple dozen entertainers and advocates who are promo...
(TakePart) The defeat of California’s Proposition 37 last November was a low point for the anti-GMO movement. The loss at the polls came after months of massive spending by Big Food entities, which is widely attributed to the proposition’s plumetting polling numbers after an early lead. The loss, however, has done little to stifle anti-GMO efforts. Late last week, ...
(Forbes) 8 months ago, I reported on “Nine Innovative Food Websites You Can’t Live Without.” But food and technology innovation of course did not stop there. Since June, several new (or newly designed) food-centric websites have hit the internet. [To also cast your own vote for the next round of "best food websites" clickhere] 1. NOAA’s FishWatch Are yo...
(Huffington Post) I am often asked about why GE ingredients should be present on our food labels, as well as whether the government actually has the power and responsibility to label. In a recent presentation at TEDxManhattan, I tried to address these questions, and have highlighted many of them here. What are GE crops? Haven't we been genetically engineering crops ...
(Huffington Post) Whole Foods has announced that by 2018, all products in U.S. and Canada stores must be labeled if they contain genetically modified organisms (GMOs). This is the first national grocery store to set a deadline from GMO labeling. “We are putting a stake in the ground on GMO labeling to support the consumer’s right to know,” said Walter Robb, co-CE...
(New York Times) Whole Foods Market, the grocery chain, on Friday became the first retailer in the United States to require labeling of all genetically modified foods sold in its stores, a move that some experts said could radically alter the food industry. A. C. Gallo, president of Whole Foods, said the new labeling requirement, to be in place within five years, c...
Page 2 of 212
© 2021 JUST LABEL IT CAMPAIGN